Portions of our site will be down for maintenance on October 1st beginning at 9:30am CDT. To join or renew please call us at 615-778-0803 or 1-800-471-4867. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
Join the Professionals!
Professional Educators of Tennessee is committed to supporting quality public education and the professional rights and obligations of the education community. PET offers its members unmatched legislative advocacy and legal protection.
If you are interested in becoming a new member or looking to renew your current membership, you can join or renew online using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express.
Which One is Right For Me?
|Legal & Liability Protection
||Member Benefits without
As a Member, You Get
• $2 Million Liability Coverage
• Coverage for coaching, tutoring & private instruction
• up to $10,000 per claim for legal costs related to employment rights protection
• Non-partisan representation in the state legislature
• Year-round FREE professional development
• Travel, Auto, Retail & Entertainment Discounts
• AD&D and Term Life Coverage
Learn More About
• Liability Coverage
• Legal Protection
• Member Benefits
* Professional, Support & Student memberships include coverage by Professional Educator's Legal and Insurance package. If threatened with a lawsuit or legal action, call our toll free number (800) 471-4867 and notify your immediate supervisor. Coverage begins at 12:00:01am the day following your enrollment.
Renewing Members - Current Members click here to renew through the secure member portal. Do not create a new membership if you are renewing.
NOTE: When a student member has graduated and is beginning their career as a full-time educator, they need to call the PET office and sign up for a Professional Membership for half-price. Our numbers are (615) 778-0803 or (800) 471-4867. This cannot be done online by the member.
* Any dues payment plan other than paying in full may incure a minimal processing fee. Monthly payment plans can only be initiated by calling the PET office at (615) 778-0803 or (800) 471-4867. By choosing the monthly payment option, I agree that I am responsible for the full amount of the annual dues, whether or not I remain in the teaching profession, for the period in which I am enrolled.